Dear Resort Guests,
We will dazzle you this season with quality entertainment of epic proportions. New bands and top entertainers will be entertaining you with a variety of music from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s. Two Premier Shows and one Premier Dinner with Entertainment are scheduled this season.
Our first “Premier Show” will be held January 18th with “Rockin’ Through the Decades” presented by Show Tune Productions. “Rockin’ Through the Decades” is a variety show celebrating the greatest hits of the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s. Join the exuberant cast of singer/dancers and live musicians as we relive the fantastic 50’s to the psychedelic 70’s! With all your pop favorites and comic TV sketches, this musical variety show features hits from sock hops to Woodstock and Motown to Disco. Never have the Rockin’ Decades been so much fun!
Our second “Premier Show” will be held February 8th. We are extremely excited to present to you TAD Managements newest production “Piano Men”. Generations celebrate the musical influences of Billy Joel and Elton John brought to you by the amazing father and son team of Terry & Nick Davies. Terry & Nick are both extremely talented musicians and vocalists and will thrill you with their accurate representation of Billy & Elton. Not only have Billy & Elton written and performed music that transcended four decades of music lovers – both have done so, not standing center stage, but seated behind the ebony and ivory of an instrument that will forever define the spirit of their music: The Piano! Join Terry & Nick on this journey through the careers of two music icons!
Our “Premier Dinner & Entertainment” with a “Country Theme” will be held on March 9th with the musical group “Mogollon” pronounced Mug-e-on entertaining you. Mogollon has been performing in Arizona since 1979 and is considered one of the best country/classic rock bands around performing worldwide with groups such as Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Willie Nelson, and Charlie Daniels. This high energy band will have you rockin’ in your seat all night long. Dinner catered by Waldo’s BBQ. To add to the overall fun of the evening, dress in western attire or as a pop star!
Join us for our “Oktoberfest Party & Dance” on October 31st with music by “Bunky”. “Bunky” will entertain you by playing a combination of older and newer rock n’ roll & country. Bunky always has the crowd dancing and having fun! Dress in your favorite Oktoberfest or Halloween costume (optional).
Weekly Coffee Socials will be held Mondays starting November 14th. Join us every Monday during the season for our Weekly Coffee Socials featuring informative coffee sponsors, delicious donuts, and a general “meet and greet” of old and new friends.
Get into the Holiday spirit by helping to decorate our Activity Hall and Christmas trees at our annual “Tree Trimming Party” on Saturday, November 26th.
The “Annual Children’s Christmas Party” for the children in Queen Valley will be held on Saturday, December 10th in our Activity Hall. An average of seventy children and their families attend the party. Thanks to the generous donations of our resort clubs and residents, and the many residents who volunteer their time and talents, we are able to make this a special evening. If you will be back in Queen Valley before the party, we appreciate donations of stuffed animals, puzzles, or toys that are new and non-gender specific. We prefer no books or board games. As a guideline for ages of the children attending, approximately one third are six years and under, one third seven to eleven, and one third twelve to eighteen. Thank you for your past and future support of this worthwhile event!
Tour the Resort and the community of Queen Valley and experience the festive lights and decorations at our annual “Christmas Parade” on December 15th riding on our wagons, your decorated ATV’s, or golf carts. Participate in creating a festive atmosphere for the resort this Christmas by “Decorating Your Winter Home for the Holidays”.
On January 12th we are excited to have the band “Snake Eyes” performing and entertaining you. “Snake Eyes” is a national quality party band that has been playing in night clubs here in the valley and on the west coast since the 1980’s. Don Marovich, the lead guitarist, is an accomplished musician with an excellent vocal range singing songs from rock n’ roll, country, classic rock, easy listening and more. Don is backed by two additional guitarists and a drummer. This band will have you up dancing from the first dance to the last. New entertainment this season!
Share information about your home state/province with resort friends at our “Sip & Swap Wine Tasting Party” January 29th. Bring two identical bottles of wine from your home state/province per person attending, and an appetizer that serves 10 people. We encourage you to display information about the attractions of your home state/province by getting in touch with your local tourism office. Bring posters, brochures, a DVD you can show on your computer, or other items that would be interesting to share with others. To add to the overall fun, wear attire from your home state/province, for instance a t-shirt, sports attire, or hat.
“Flaire! Fashion & Fun” women’s clothing store now with two locations in Gold Canyon and Pinetop Arizona brings the fashion show to you with a “Fashion Show & Luncheon” on February 2nd. Our very own Queen Valley Resort models will be modeling their fabulous line of clothes.
Create your own stained glass masterpiece at our Glass Crafters workshops held weekly throughout the season. The “Glass Crafters Breakfast” will be held February 4th. Ticket sales will start in January so be sure to watch for the details, serving times, and the delicious foods that will be served.
On February 5th the “Superbowl Scramble Golf Tournament” will be held at the Queen Valley Golf Course followed by lunch and prizes in our Activity Hall.
February 11th is our “32nd Annual Craft Fair”, and an opportunity for you to make and sell your handcrafted items.
The Rock Hound Club will be entertaining us with the “Rock Hound Chili Dinner” on March 2nd. Watch for details and ticket information during the season.
March 8th is the “13th Annual ATV Poker Run”. Details of this great event are published during the season.
Join Resort friends for an evening ATV ride during “full moon” in the desert surrounding Queen Valley on March 12th. Watch the beautiful Arizona “sun set and moon rise” while roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over an open fire.
The “Annual Resort Patio Sale” will be on March 18th. A great way to sell your gently used or unwanted treasures!
Enjoy the music of Otis & The Beat at our “Resident Appreciation Party” March 23rd. Otis & The Beat keep the entertainment rolling with music from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s & 90’s. Their music consists of Eric Clapton, Earth, Wind & Fire, Jimmy Buffet, the Temptations, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Eagles, commodores, Wilson Pickett, Marvin Gaye, Credence Clearwater Revival, The Beatles, and many more. New entertainment this season!
Enjoy lots of fabulous food and great music by “DJ Dave” Dave Dengate at the “Hobo Soup and Street Dance” event with the date to be determined in March.
Holiday potluck dinners are held on Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Resort providing the meat. Bring your favorite recipes for the side dish you will prepare for this festive holiday dinner.
Get ready for touring and sightseeing with the exciting trips & tours planned for you. The schedule for the Trips & Tours can be requested by contacting the Resort office.
The following classes and activities are offered this season:
- Come join in the fun with Carla Scott of the Quilted Frog. Carla owns a shop located in the community of Queen Valley. She will be offering classes at the Resort which will include a no-sew three dimensional fabric Christmas tree, (the perfect size for your RV or Park Model), a no-sew coloring on fabric project that can be framed or used to incorporate in a pillow or quilting project, and a no-sew class where you can create a portrait of your pet or grandchild. For those who love to sew, you will be able to create a one-of-a-kind pillowcase. The options are limitless. You won’t want to miss out on the fun and creativity. Class dates and times will be determined during the season. You can go to www.quiltedfrog.com to view pictures and costs for each class. Just click on the Queen Valley RV Resort class page and see all of the beautiful items.
- The Corbett’s will be teaching the “Bob Ross” painting technique once again on January 31st. Join Jim and Yvonne in this exciting painting class that will teach anyone to create a beautiful desert landscape painting. This is an all-day class and will cost $60 pp which includes all of your painting supplies. Frames can be purchased for an additional fee.
- Weekly handheld GPS Classes start mid January. These classes will include beginner and advanced instruction.
- Gourd Making Basics and Card Making Classes start in January.
- Glass Crafters workshops throughout the season.
- The Queen Valley RV Resort Computer Club endeavors to help its members to fully utilize their electronic devices. Weekly PC & MAC meetings and Computer Labs will focus 1-on-1 to provide group and individual help. This coming season the Computer Club will offer help with Apple & Android tablets and smart phones. Computer operating systems, email programs, internet browsers, photo programs, computer security, Facebook, iTunes, troubleshooting/problem solving, building personal cloud storage, are some of the topics at the weekly meetings in addition to other topics that Club Members would be interested in learning about. The Club is here for you, so bring all your electronic gear, questions, and suggestions and plan to have fun learning all they can do for you.
- We are looking forward to another season of fun and exercise at the Pickle Ball courts. Plans for the coming season include instruction and on-court practice sessions for beginners and those who would like to improve their game. Last season there was a mix of approximately 40 people that were experienced players or that came out and took some lessons. We are hoping to build on that initial group and have some “fun” tournaments at different skill levels for everyone to enjoy the game! Pickle Ball is a game for all ages but seniors have really taken to the game as an excellent way to get exercise, meet new friends, and have fun. We are fortunate to have two excellent courts which would be the envy of any RV Resort.
- Learn how to create something unique from Mother Nature’s gift of rock in the Lapidary Shop. First timers can create their own special piece in just a few hours even for someone who has never been around any type of mechanical equipment. Imagination is the only limitation to what you can create. A free day introduction to Lapidary is offered to first timers and monitors are always available to guide you through the simple process. The shop has the capability to cut rocks up to 11” in diameter, bring in a favorite rock and find out what treasures lay inside it. Seasonal club fees are $10 for an individual and $15.00 for a couple, however it is not necessary to become a club member and fees differ from member to non-members.
- Yoga classes are held twice a week. The advantages of practicing Yoga include better flexibility, physical and mental strength, energy, and overall wellness.
- Line Dance Classes, Instructor Jackie Gustafson.
- The Hiking Club schedules weekly hikes every Wednesday.
- Get fit fast with “Walk Strong”, previously known as Walk Away the Pounds, meets Tuesday through Saturday.
- Bible Study is open to both men and women. The curriculum is designed to further one’s spiritual growth both through lessons and sharing in large and small groups.
- Regular Jam Sessions are held during the season. If you own and play a musical instrument be sure to bring it along. Jam Sessions are open to everyone to attend and are an evening of great music and fun for all Resort residents.
- Happy Crafters meet on Wednesday mornings. If you would be willing to share your talents by teaching a craft, please bring patterns/items with you.
- Other activities include Aquasize, ATV Riders Groups, Adopt-A-Highway, Bingo, Bridge, Card Games, Cribbage, Mah Jongg, Weekly Men’s Breakfast at a local restaurant, Monthly Ladies Luncheons at area restaurants, Rock Hound Club and Lapidary, Rough Riders, Trap Shooting, and Zumba. Information is provided in our monthly newsletters throughout the season.
The Queen Valley Golf Association invites everyone to play golf at Queen Valley Golf Course this coming season. The Golf Association leaves one-third of all available tee times for non-members. Members and non-members can also join the Men’s and Ladies Golf Leagues. Men can join the Men’s league for $5, plus green fees and cart fees, and can play any Tuesday morning without having to get a tee time. The women have two leagues. The 18-hole League plays on Thursday mornings at 9:00 a.m. and the dues are $35 per year, plus your green fees and cart fees. The 9-hole League also plays on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. Beginners to experienced players are all welcome. All non-members in the Leagues play at the guest rate discount. If you would like additional information as a regular or associate member, check with the Pro Shop at 520-463-2214. Tee times are arranged for every Wednesday afternoon at the Queen Valley Golf Course for Resort residents.
Mark your calendar for the following events in the community of Queen Valley open to Resort Residents:
- November 10th Homeowners Dance, music by Armour Gomez
- December 3rd Homeowners Annual Craft Sale
- December 3rd Homeowners Dance, music by Bobby Cook & The Ghost Town Band
- December 10th Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary Pancake Breakfast
- December 16th Fireman’s Bash, music by Bobby Cook & The Ghost Town Band
- December 31st New Year’s Eve Party & Dance at the Homeowners Hall, music by Randy Wade & The Renegades
- January 21st Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary Bake Sale & Rummage Sale
- January 21st Homeowners Dance, music by The Road Runner Band
- January 28th Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary Second Annual Custom Cars & Bike Show
- February 6th Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary Salad Potluck Dinner
- February 11th Homeowners Dance, music by North Star Band
- February 18th Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary Walk-A-Thon
- February 23rd Ladies Golf Invitational
- March 11th Queen Valley Fire Auxiliary 27th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- March 18th Homeowners Dance, music by The Fairlaners
Events for Queen Valley RV Resort are for Resort guests only unless otherwise indicated.
Sally Florell, Resort Manager